Monday, August 29, 2011

Ramadan Night 30


Say: I seek refuge
With the Lord
And cherisher of mankind,
The king (or ruler)
Of mankind,
From the mischief
Of the whisperer
(Of evil), who withdraws
(After his whisper),
(The same) who whispers
Into the hearts of mankind,
Among jinns
And among men.
S.114 A.1-6

This is the last sura of the Koran.  I like the first two lines, "I seek refuge with the Lord."  This has been such a marvelous experience, reading and writing each day of Ramadan.  I am also very excited for Eid, and hope to take a bit of time off of work.  I have emerged from this month with a clear conscience, a lighter heart, and a more encourage outlook for my future.  I know what I want to work on personally, professionally, and spiritually - and I have received a lot of support.
For the first time, I feel I am becoming a Muslim first, and American male second.  This has been very comforting to me.  And instead of alienating me from my culture, things have become less and less confusing, and I find I am not distracted by as much around me as I once was.  I look forward to praying and reading my Koran, and my nights are fare more peaceful.  I would like to thank all of you who have commented on the posts and who have supported me in other ways.  This month has been life-changing in many ways, and I am so grateful.
Thank you all once again, alhamdulilah.


















2 comments:

  1. You did such a great job... reading your posts was very helpful and inspiring... you supported many people too Michael... we are lucky to have you around... you are a great person with a big, kind heart ...may Allah always bless you...Happy eid... :)g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for those kind words and your support in particlar - you are a great friend for which I am very blessed! :)

    ReplyDelete