Thursday, August 25, 2011

What in the World Will I Say Tomorrow?

In about twelve hours, I will have to face down four hundred high school students at my alma mater, and I am supposed to motivate them - yikes! I have made hundreds of presentations, all over the world, but this is only the second I have made exclusively about myself, and I hated the first one (I think I even vowed back then never to do another). If nothing else, I hope to show them that there are many possibilities in their future, and that they can have the courage to chase their dreams.  I don't yet know how I am going to frame it tomorrow, and I hope it comes soon.
I can remember being in that same auditorium thirty five years ago, and I haven't forgotten what it was like then, but I am not sure how to show them thirty five years in eight minutes so that they can connect the dots.  That is the challenge, to connect what they do in the next year or so to their futures.  I have a lot to think about.

2 comments: