Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Ramadan Night 20 - The Third Entry



Or do those in whose
Hearts is a disease, think
That Allah will not bring
To light their rancour?
Had We so willed,
We could have shown them
Up to thee, and thou
Shouldst have known them
By their marks: but surely
Thou wilt know them
By the tone of their speech!
And Allah knows
All that ye do.
S.47 S.29-30

Sometimes, things hit uncomfortably close to home.  God knows me, He is talking about me here! I have shared recently that I am working to improve my communication with others by refraining from engaging in gossip and enmity. In essence, I guess, I am trying to cure my diseased heart.
I am marked though, precisely by my tone of my speech.  I know I am because I attract like-minded folk that recognize in me that canker in my chest that should be a heart. More importantly, I know I must have repelled hundreds of others, not wishing to contaminate themselves with my malady.  I want to change this mark, not just the outward stigmata, but in the inward recesses God peers into.  Pray for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment