Hastily assembled, somewhat plagiarized, poorly constructed........
2) On being Catholic once (sort of) - I remember fighting with priests as a boy, convincing myself I was an atheist. Later, after meeting Father Bill Talentino in Virginia who was doing social just work, and a dozen or so other priests working in poor missions in third world countries, I lamented my diversion from spirituality and began to build the real foundation of my faith. I am not Catholic, but I am connected.
3) On leadership - It is all about the separation of my ego. Divorcing what is in my interest from that which benefits others, then leveraging the residual grit, stubbornness, and courage to fight the right battles.
4) On friends - Few and far between, forever forgiven, forever familiar.
5) On alcohol and drugs - The epitome of our collective selfishness. The distillation of evil deemed disease to ease our guilt and to look past crime, child abuse, and despair.
6) On change - There are two kinds of new people who "cause" trouble in a system: Those who bring it in and those who expose it once they arrive.
7) On wisdom - The ability to recognize the value in things.
8) On serendipity - Like looking for a needle in a haystack and finding the farmer's daughter (Penthouse Magazine, circa 1970's).
9) On Misters Rauner and Trump - Bullies and sissy boys.
10) On Hillary Clinton - I once thought the evil press only published pictures of her frowning. Now I don't think I like that which lies underneath the frown.
11) On honesty - Too often confused with solipsistic convenience.
12) On aging - Ear hair grows faster than my IRA; I wake up with pains with no recollected attributable causes; I care far less for money and I find less things I want to waste said money on; and the notion of passing away before I change the world scares the heck out of me.
13) On love - I pray for reincarnation.............