Sunday, August 21, 2011

Ramadan Night 23 - The Eleventh Entry



O thou man!
Verily thou art ever
Toiling on towards they Lord
Painfully toiling, but thou
Shalt meet him.
S.84 A.6

I understand what it means to toil, and often when I reread some of my posts, it seems that I am toiling more than most - but this is not the case.  There are days when things are arduous, but on the balance, my days are filled with blessings, and working towards God's will most often brings me satisfaction. I have mentioned several times that He placed a sense of goodness and charity in my heart, and those two specific demands have always been  easy for me.  My toil, if it amounts to that, is centered around other responsibilities - praying, avoiding vain talk, indulging my selfish ego, and keeping God central to my thoughts and actions.  I don't think this life is one of misery and toil, I believe there is an intrinsic value involved in following my path, making the concept of a reward hereafter even that more beautiful.  This does not mean things are easy, or that I am doing all that I should when I should.  I will toil on my deficits and revel in my strengths and pray I have the wisdom to differentiate them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment