Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Ramadan Night 24 - The Eighth Entry



We have indeed created man
In the best of mould,
Then do We abase him
(To be) the lowest
Of the low,
Except such as believe
And do righteous deeds:
For they shall have
A reward unfailing.
S.95 A.4-6

The things I always believed made me free, we also those that have brought me pain and nearly lost me my soul.  God gave me breath and then gave me the option to deny it.  He gave me goodness and grace, then gave me the choice to squander them.  God gave me the Koran, then let me choose whether or not to open it.  God then directed  my eyes to the world around me, the pain and misery of others, then asked me if I would rather close them.  I have failed at many of these crossroads, many times.  But the last freedom I have been provided, is the freedom to try again, the freedom to return to God and His blessings with an open heart.  This is my choice, my priority in freedom.
*A second prayer for my friends - I pray that God touches your hearts and soothes the scars that men have wrought.

No comments:

Post a Comment