Thursday, August 18, 2011

Ramadan Night 21 - The Sixth Entry



O ye who believe!
Why say ye that
Which ye do not?
Grievously odious is it
In the sight of God
That ye say that
Which ye do not.
S.61 A.2-3
 
We used to say "talk the talk then walk the walk."  That is one area that I have made great improvements in over the years - I resolved a long time ago to stop being a good starter and start being a good finisher.  This has become much easier for me, but it usually involves things I want to initiate, not necessarily the things I agree to do.  And I have to admit that I am willing to do the things God asks of me, but I haven't reached the point that I am enthusiastic about it all.  I am enthusiastic to be a better man, a better Muslim, but there are days and moments I have to push myself hard.
I want to be excited about the things I do (am largely so now), and I want to do them well.  I have long judged people by their ability to "walk the walk" and I know it is fair for God to judge me as well.   Praying, reading the Koran, writing here, talking to friends (including those of you who give me feedback) is moving me to the place I want to be. But I think I might put this verse over my desk at work :)

No comments:

Post a Comment