Saturday, August 20, 2011

Ramadan Night 23 - The Seventh Entry



Each of them,
That day, will have
Enough concern (of his own)
To make him indifferent
To the others.
S.80 A.37

This has always been a very difficult concept for me, potentially the greatest obstacle to my faith - the eventual separation of my family and God.  Perhaps I am not yet at the point where my self-esteem accepts the purity of God's love, and I don't yet know the difference between the comfort and support of my family and the eternal embrace of God's grace.  I do know that I am still in that immature state of my faith where I cannot understand how I could deserve heaven and others, particularly those I love, could earn hell. And finally, probably unforgiveably, I am not yet at the place where I would choose to be in heaven if my daughters had been sent to hell.  I know this is twisted thinking, and I am working contritely to correct my concept of this dilemma - but this is not a battle of logic, it is an issue of faith.  I will pray that God increases my faith so that I can understand my unique and personal relationship with Him, and I accept no other responsibility than that of my own fate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment