Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Ramadan Night 19 - The Third Entry




Lord of the heavens
And of the earth,
And all between them,
And Lord of every point
At the rising sun!
We have indeed decked
The lower heaven with beauty
(In) the stars
S.37 A.5-6

This yet another beautiful allusion to the glory of God manifested in nature.  How wondrous are the stars, and the God that created them?  The expanse and majesty of space humbles me, even more so than the beauty of the earth around me.  I was also struck by the concept of "lower heaven", a term I was unfamiliar with. I makes me wonder if heaven isn't a remote place, hidden from us, denied to many of us, but an extension of God's mansion.  The earth, the sky, the heavens, heaven are all aspects of His domain. The word of God shows us the connection of all things, the unity of the universe.  It is very humbling indeed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment