Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Ramadan Night 25 - The Second Entry



Again, ye shall see it
With certainty of sight!
Then, shall ye be
Questioned that day
About the joy
(Ye indulged in!)
S.102 A.7-8

Many of these verses "reframe" my thoughts - this is another.  I can honestly say that I feel good about the things I take joy in:  I take joy in helping others, I take joy in seeing my students smile, I take joy in helping a friend, I take joy in wishing an old friend happiness in a new life, I take joy in listening to my daughters ramble on for an hour about things I don't understand, I take joy in reading my Koran and "getting something", and I take joy in the fact that I am a decent Muslim.  Many of the verses I read challenge me greatly, some please my heart - this is an example of the latter.



No comments:

Post a Comment