Saturday, August 20, 2011

Ramadan Night 23



What led you
Into hell-fire?
They will say:
We were not of those
Who prayed:
Nor were we of those
Who fed the indigent;
But we used to talk
Vanities with vain talkers;
And we used to deny
The Day of Judgement,
Until came to us
(The Hour) that is certain.
S.74 A.42-47

I appreciate the straight forward nature of this verse: Pray, take care of the less fortunate, watch your talk, and prepare yourself for final judgement.  I have done one fairly well, that leaves much to improve upon.  Two themes, prayer and good talk have been objects of my concern this Ramadan and I am making progress.  I don't know if I think of judgement properly, for I do not fret it, opting instead to think of my daily and momentary thoughts and actions, then evaluating them at night.  I suppose I think my judgement will follow the success of becoming a better man.  I need to think about this some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment