Monday, August 15, 2011

Ramadan Night 19



It is Allah Who sends
Forth the winds, so that
They raise up the clouds,
And We drive them
To a land that is dead,
And revive the earth therewith
After its death: even so
(Will be) the Resurrection!
S.35 A.9

As I read more, I am gaining an appreciation for parables, particularly those relating to nature. I knew what this verse suggested before I reached the last line - it was my soul that was dead, it was my soul that he did revive. I love the relationship between God, nature, and man in the Koran.  It is so fluid at times, it is hard to know where one begins and the other ends.  That is the essence of God, infused in everything in His creation. I also appreciate the metaphor of dead earth, for if it can be revived, than any man's soul can be resurrected also.   

No comments:

Post a Comment