Monday, August 15, 2011

Ramadan Night 18 - The Second Entry


 And if all the trees
On earth were pens
And the ocean (were ink),
With seven oceans behind it
To add to its (supply),
Yet would not the words
Of God be exhausted
(In the writing): for God
Is exalted in power,
Full of wisdom.
S.31 A.27

This sura, Luqman, may be my favorite.  It is a very reassuring chapter to me, I find myself drawn to it often. I love this verse, and I am not sure I can say why.  Maybe it is the reference to trees and pens, given that I used to turn pens from solid blocks of wood.  I made them for special friends, and each was a labor of love, each unique.  Maybe its the reference to the God's unending word, knowing that His wisdom, His comfort will always be available to me.  Maybe it is  the reference to nature again, oceans and trees are among my favorite testaments to His power and glory.  Maybe its just the fact that I feel good when I read this, it soothes my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment