Sunday, August 21, 2011

Ramadan Night 23 - The Ninth Entry



Him Who created thee,
Fashioned thee in due proportion,
And gave thee a just bias.
S.82 A.7

I take the "due proportion" reference here not to be physical attributions, but instead indicates we have been given the tools to accept the exceptional destiny He has created for us.  We alone of all His creations have been charged thusly, but He has not done so inequitably. We can reason, we can empathize, and we can change our environment for the better. I think I forget this responsibility often, instead focusing on the gifts I have been given, and the misdirected profits I accrue.  This is where I need to remember that I have a "just bias", the capacity to evaluate my thoughts and actions in relation to my duty to God.  There is no excuse for me to forget my path, and no forgiveness for me if I hurt others in my misguided and selfish actions. In the end, it is very simple - I have what I need to serve my Lord, I have the ability to recognize my success and failure, and I have His word to remind me - really much more simple than I often make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment