Friday, August 19, 2011

Ramadan Night 22 - The Second Entry



God has already ordained
For you, (O men),
The dissolution of your oaths
(In some cases): and God
Is your protector, and He
Is full of knowledge
And wisdom.
S.66 A.2

This verse is particularly difficult for me (I should add here that I read the entire sura before choosing a verse to reflect on), as the context is difficult to ascertain. I am not sure if this is relating to divorce (a dissolution of an oath), or the release from an oath honestly entered into, that is no longer fair or equitable.  I will need to read more on this, and I have included this verse in this post as a reminder to continue to work on it.  Once again, if there is any help out there, it would be gladly received...............

No comments:

Post a Comment