Monday, August 15, 2011

Ramadan Night 18



It is God who sends
The winds and they raise
The clouds: then does He
Spread them in the sky
As He wills, and breaks them
Into fragments, until thou seest
Rain - drops issue from the midst
Thereof: then when He has
Made them reach such
Of His servants as He wills,
Behold, they do rejoice!
S.30 A.17

I read this passage this morning before I left for work - true to form, I walked out and looked to the sky where I saw several low,thick clouds brewing on the horizon.  I stood there for a few minutes, remembering this verse as the wind came up and a silvery damp mist buffeted me gently, while I smiled recognizing God's grace.  It was a beautiful way to start my morning.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, it is so rewarding that I sometimes am able to articulate that which I feel. I appreciate your feedback :)

    ReplyDelete