Saturday, August 20, 2011

Ramadan Night 23 - The Third Entry



And they feed, for the love
Of Allah, the indigent,
The orphan, and the captive,
(Saying), We feed you
For the sake of Allah alone:
No reward do we desire
From you, nor thanks.
S.76 A.8-9

Despite my sins and weaknesses, I thank God that He put this verse in my heart at birth.  I have always felt the need to help others, and I have always felt the reward deep in my heart.  That has been my eternal connection to God, that sliver of His grace he granted me.  With so much to work on, I am thankful for this gift, for I do not know how one  learns to love the anonymous gesture, the unrequited courtesy, the extension of one's humanity with no thought or concern for recompense. I love God for this thing I can love in myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment