Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Ramadan Night 20 - The Sixth Entry



Bear, then, with patience,
All that they say,
And celebrate the praises
Of they Lord, before
The rising of the sun
And before (its) setting,
And during part
Of the night, (also)
Celebrate His praises,
And (so likewise)
After the prostration.
S.50 A.39-40

Forgive me as I stumble on to things many of you know, things I should probably already know - but one benefit of being as a child is the wondrous discovery of symmetry, the innocent  invention of inclusion.  When I read this verse, I knew the two special times of day preceding sunrise and sunset, but I did not know the third, at least I thought I did not. It then dawned on me that I did know this time, and that I had long known it, at least intuitively.  I had written a post recently about my relationship to this beautiful time of evening: http://philosopherking-michael.blogspot.com/2011/07/entropy.html
Please forgive the poor poetry, but sometimes one has very little options when trying to express something so simple yet profound. And now I have the blessing of the knowledge that I was communing with God during those nights, as do millions of my brothers and sisters - I am giddy! 

2 comments: