Thursday, August 18, 2011

Ramadan Night 21 - The Seventh Entry



But when they see
Some bargain or some
Amusement, they disperse
Headlong to it, and leave
Thee standing.  Say:
"The (blessing) from the presence
Of God is better than
Any amusement or bargain!
And God is the best
To provide (for all your needs).
S.62 A.11

The world is full of temptation, and I am working so hard not just on my behaviors, but to change my mentality about what pleases me and the rewards I choose for  myself.  I don't want to be caught up in worldly things, nor do I want to go away and live in a cave alone (not yet anyway). This goal of reading the Koran and writing about it every day has changed me!  I truly believe I am moving God and His word closer to the center of my being, moving away some things that didn't belong there.  I don't want to be a good Muslim to be a good Muslim - I want to continue to develop the appreciation of God's true gifts, and I want this new feeling in my heart to grow. For as it grows, I will be a better man and I will affect the change in the world that I have so long desired.  Maybe I wasn't ready for all this as a younger man, but I am now.
I am learning to behave better towards people, to commune with God more often, and to challenge myself daily on my progress.  Today was not the best day so far, would give myself a C+ 

No comments:

Post a Comment