Thursday, August 18, 2011

Ramadan Night 21 - The Fourth Entry



Of a truth ye are
Stronger (than they)
Because of the terror
In their hearts,
(Sent) by God.
This is because they are
Men devoid of understanding.
S.59 A.13

This is a beautiful but difficult verse to accept and live with.  I think it relates to being right, despite the enemies or obstacles piled against you. God is telling us to be strong, and He lets us know the weakness of our tormentors - the terror in their hearts.  This is a very profound concept for me, trying to strengthen my resolve based on the knowlege that my opponents have an invisible disadvantage.  The terror in their hearts explains their behaviors though, all too clearly.
I am dealing with a particular issue right now where I have been falsely accused by some very bad people.  The terror in their hearts has manifested itself in very, very ugly ways.  I need to get to the point where I understand why they have done this to me, in order to feel better, in order to feel strong.  I know God knows what is in their hearts, it is the rest of the world I worry about. To be honest, I am not yet strong enough to have peace of mind yet, even knowing my God understands.  I have a foot in both worlds, and the one in the sometimes ugly and brutal world here on earth is hurting.  I will pray for more strength. 

2 comments: