Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Ramadan Night 24 - The Tenth Entry - The Night of Power





We have indeed revealed
This (Message)
In the Night of Power:
And what will explain
To thee what the Night
Of Power is?
The Night of Power
Is better than
A thousand months.
Therein come down
The angels and the Spirit
By God's permission,
On every errand:
Peace!....This
Until the rise of the moon!
S.97 A. 1-5

I am so excited to be in the last ten days of Ramadan!  The Night of Power. This has been a wonderful month for me, and it keeps getting better.  I have fasted faithfully with a true understanding of the discipline; I have prayed more vigilantly; my daughter has been here with me for three weeks; and I have spent dozens of hours with my Koran.  I have never been this tuned into Ramadan as I have been this month - and I know it will only get better in the years to come.  I began the month with a heavy heart, and now I am free of that burden. I have also been able to help several of my brothers and sisters this month with transitions and distress.  God is truly merciful!
My month is ending with two blessings, and I am so grateful.  On Saturday, I will get to play in a charity golf tournament supporting a cause I have given years of my effort to and that I love.  The day before, I will travel to my hometown to be inducted into my high school's Hall of Honor for my humanitarian work.  I cannot tell you how humble and blessed I am feeling.  Although I will spend much of Eid al Fitr alone again this year, I won't be alone.  I will spend the day rereading my 114 posts, praying, and visiting the mosque.  I will be thinking of family, and old and new friends, praying for their happiness and success.  God is generous indeed!
*My friends - A special prayer ten times over each ten days.

   

3 comments:

  1. Cannot thank you enough for such kind sentiments... May Allah always bless you my dear "friend"...:)
    P.S you are always in my prayers…and you are a blessing I am more than thankful for …:)g

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) You are not allowed to make me blush on my own blog! I am very proud of you and am honored to be your friend.

    ReplyDelete