Sunday, August 28, 2011

Ramadan Night 29



Say: I seek refuge
With the Lord of the dawn,
From the mischief
Of created things;
From the mischief
Of darkness as it overspreads;
From the mischief
Of those who practise
Secret Arts:
And from the mischief
Of the envious one
As he practises envy.
S.113 A.1-5

I have discussed my need to improve my thoughts and behaviors in great detail this Ramadan, and I have talked about how to deal with friends and peers who aren't always positive - it is time to think about moving away from certain people, certain mentalities. It is not natural for me to think this way, probably because I have worked and affiliated with so many different kinds of people in my life, and to avoid a particular group might seem stand-offish.  But I think I am ready to change my environment and the people within it. 
I don't want to be tolerant to intolerant people anymore.  I don't want to overlook negative comments about my faith in order to be broadminded.  And I don't want to be with people who don't want the world around them to be a better place.  I am gonna change my company.
I am longing to get back to the Third World permanently, and I will make that happen in the near future.  Being recognized this weekend my my hometown for humanitarianism was not the capstone to my career, it was the beginning of an even more passionate one.  I am gonna change my environment too.

No comments:

Post a Comment