Monday, August 15, 2011

Progress Report

It is now the end of the first week that I have vowed to change my relationships with others, vowed to stop engaging in gossip and other harmful dialogues.  It has been strange, even awkward at times, but when I pray Maghrib prayer I feel so good knowing I have come to my God with a relatively clean heart.  I have also noticed that there a few people I can no longer talk with.  Removing the negative elements left us with no conversation - and I cannot say how shameful that makes me feel, for I know how much I had contributed in the past. How much of my life has been entangled in this ugly anitlocution?  How could I ever believe the occasional good deeds I did ever balanced the terrible legacy I have built, maligning and disparaging other human beings?  I have so much to atone for.

No comments:

Post a Comment