Sunday, June 14, 2015

Sunsets And Ice Tea

I got up early today and wrote - trying to keep everything organized and in the air so that I can turn inward now and start to put it all together. I made sun tea and put it in the freezer before I went off to Saint Laurent for the English Club. The kids were great - the more serious students returned and we had a lot of fun without the usual chaos. As always a few walked me home and were mystified why I wanted to take so many pictures of the sunset. I suppose 17 years of seeing it everyday might take a little off of it, but I am sure I would never tire of these gorgeous evenings.


I walked through the market this evening, and I faced a growing issue - whatever time of day, there are always friendly people greeting me with "good morning."  If I have time, I stop and look at them, gesticulate crazily while smiling and eventually correct them. There is usually a smile returned with some gratitude then conversation. I spoke to these nice gentlemen for several minutes before I continued on.


A cool Paw Paw tree in the afternoon sky


The newly elected officers for the Laurent English Club! From the left - Losala, Co-Secretary; Sophonie, Co-Secretary; Fellecity, Vice-President (her third attempt at a smile); Espoir, President; and Father Jose, Club Adviser


Cool Shoes!


The prettiest city I have ever seen


Laughing at my Lingala


Some of Gedeno's family, one of our compound guards









Chasing the sun down


After a warm evening's walk, iced tea, Paw Paw, and bananas. All is right with the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment