Thursday, June 25, 2015

A Walk To Remember

Thursday evenings may be the highlight of my week! That is a strong statement given that there are so many incredible moments packed into each day here. I enjoy heading back out to the Nzulu school to meet the English Club then slowly walking back to the UN compound around sundown. It is an incredible place with incredible people.







Pals



Limbo Fun - Seriously, there is quite an accomplishment reflected in this picture. In the near past, these little children would have been driven away from these activities. Now the teachers are inviting them in :)


Circle Tag


A local soccer match


Defecting from the match to come watch us


Spectating is a contact sport here!


I love this walk framed by spectacular trees


Taking a short break from work to watch the fun and games



I had seen the boys pushing around bicycle tires with sticks, but this young lady was expertly tooling around with an old, off-center pot lid. 


More trees


Gentlemen, start your engines!



Again, chasing the sun home


Exactly two weeks left here in Zongo. I think I will leave a part of myself here.

2 comments:

  1. I feel like making my way over right now to join you - would I be so lucky ....

    Absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete