Monday, June 22, 2015

I'm Beat!

I have been going pretty hard for the past five weeks, and I think it caught up with me today. It was raining very hard when I woke up and I knew the road would be in extra bad shape. What I didn't know (or Yaya for that matter) was that the mechanics had somehow disabled the four-wheel drive in the Landcruiser, effectively making a beast into a kitten. We got stuck almost immediately. It took nearly three hours to get to the camp. I was wet and tired before I even started. The leaders were great though, having taken charge of the curriculum already, they were off and running when I got there. They did a fantastic job and I got to relax a bit and have some much needed one-on-one meetings. I was also very pleased that the rain had not kept most of them away as it once might have. They are in for a penny, in for a pound. We had some fun too today, once I realized they had never played musical chairs. I am learning they are a competitive lot! We continued to plan our English Day for July 4th, and the group is leaning towards a new club name and motto. For those of you who know me well, this might bring a smirk to your faces (I did not initiate this):

The Mole/Moraine Valley English Club
Motto:
Consistency
Follow Through
Will Power


Off the record, I am seriously chuffed! Yaya did an excellent job getting us home on two wheels and I found the chicken he had given me (who I introduced to the cook this morning) waiting for me in a pot when I got back. They had taken the extra time to barbecue it for me and even fried some potatoes. I am in that sweet spot now where I will fall asleep rapidly with an honest day's work behind me.







Everything is blooming here in the UN compound. Nice to walk out to this each morning




It had been raining quite a bit by the time we came across these kids. If I hadn't been so late to the camp.......


Teddy's lesson on colors and shapes



Musical Benches




The Primary School Music Group getting ready for next week's Skype call


Another front moving in


Their owners weren't too pleased with us - evidently when they move these cattle down the road, they try to keep them going so they don't wander off and start eating. When a car comes by, they have no choice.


Ended the day with productive calls to Bryce and Grant. Will miss GED Graduation tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment