Thursday, June 25, 2015

Bopping About Zongo

I have had a busy day already with much more to go. I went out to the Nzulu school to work with the teachers then ambled through the market to the UN compound. I bought some carpentry tools to take to the camp (I want to ask Felecian, the carpenter, to apprentice a young student) and some fabric to have one of the tailors make me several shirts. On the way, I bumped into dozens of children who were more than happy to have their pictures taken. Evidently I have mastered the inflection on "Seka, Minow", Lingala for "smile, be happy" as they erupt in laughter when I say it. I am heading back out to the school later this afternoon for some educational games. It has been a productive day :)




Some neighborhood kids



Truck guys


Not sure what the plan is here


Everyone comes around on English day


Tired of shooing them away,we not let them in to watch if they are quiet. It lasts about four minutes



Cool little monkey





One of my regular stops on the way home from the school



More fans along the way :)


Josephat, Francine, and Theophile posing by a cellphone charging station. Most people here do not have electricity so they drop their phones by these little kiosks to get charged


My favorite cat of all time, Miss. It is a bi-weekly routine. I stop by and talk to the mother and then I ask Miss wapi? She and I start yelling "Miss, Miss" and the cat comes bolting out of nowhere and rushes up to us

Off in a few minutes to introduce tag, limbo, and red rover to Zongo. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. hold off on introducing Buck-Buck until they master the other three. :?) Great photos
    JC

    ReplyDelete