Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Another Good Day

Today was a good day, and everything went well. My vision (with input from the refugees) is coming together and everyone can see it. We are beginning to take steps for sustainability, and the folks in the camp are way ahead of me as usual.
A few pictures from the day:



Yaya and I ready for anything!


Anything came quickly, but Yaya took care of it


No the image is not backwards, I need to check on this one's tutor :)


In the middle is Teddy, one of the three leaders of the English movement in the camp. They are doing a wonderful job


Juliette, the second of the three, is preparing to start a girl's empowerment club next Monday


Saint Fort, the final member of the leadership team (here in the dark T-shirt) is the lead translator and also coordinates the student leader program




Smiles! The third young lady is Meg's favorite, Benjamin


Ok, still working on Vasily and this whole smiling business


Hangin' out with mom at English Club


One of my favorite trees on the way to the camp - I think it is a female!  Freudians, please refrain


Stopping on the side of the road, I wasn't sure if we were negotiating for the chickens or the plantains - you never know what bargain you will find


Le Paradoxe!

I think it is nap time - didn't get much sleep last night trying to shake off this cold. Was nice to come home to a plate of chicken and rice though :)

2 comments:

  1. I'll bet one of those road-graders has the keys left in the ignition . . .

    ReplyDelete