Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Soggy Tuesday

Last night we had a pretty good summer shower. I slept with the bucket beside me and stayed dry. When I woke up it was still sprinkling so I took my time with my tea. By the time I left for the local school, the rain had stopped but everything was soaked. I trudged through the streets and the awakening market on a mission to find a doll - poupee in French. It appears that my village has none, and that the capital city, Bangui, across the river has them only during certain times of the year. I will need to get more resourceful I guess. Today's lessons went very well and I just sort of bopped around soggy Zongo. Some scenes:



On my way to Saint Laurent, the Catholic school I volunteer at here in Zongo. The students are growing on me after a slow start :)


Dancing before school in the cool morning air


Retrieving a lost flip flop



Cramming right before the national exams


Courtyard window





Some faces on my way into school :)


Groundskeeping Crew


Fellecity smiling



A couple of vendors on the way home




Hardworking Kids!


The people who take care of me - From the left: Julienne (cook and cleaner), Nelly (laundry and cleaning), and our gardener (still working on his name)


Gonna learn this game yet!


Comfort Food - Stewed Goat and Rice (with a little of Julienne's homemade habanero sauce)

It was a slower day and I squeezed in a nap. I am really looking forward to Ramadan Thursday and the World Refugee Day Saturday. Things are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment