Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Approaching The End Of This Trip

Approaching The End Of This Trip

I have hit the point where I realize how little time I have left here in Jordan on this trip. It makes me smile to realize that Arab hospitality intensifies, not wanes, towards the end of a visit. I am double booked most of this week :)  Today was a relatively quite day. Suad made the staff two gorgeous cheescakes and Zaina and Jana's mother sent along some beautiful flowers and a lot of treats!  Lana thought I am not getting enough food (she found out that I am leaving too early to catch breakfast at my hotel) so she made me a couple of delicious breakfast sandwiches. I met with the English teachers, accompanied Lama and Suad to a cake store, then returned to McDonalds to meet Rawan and her two children, Lilas and Hatim. On my way back to the hotel, I picked up two 50 cent falafel sandwiches. I have settled in for the night and am choosing not to think about the short amount of time left here. Instead, I am just enjoying the experience and building some excitement for the summer programs we have planned. Things are good.

Image may contain: 3 people, including Rawan Sami, people smiling, people sitting

Rawan, Lilas, and Hatim hanging out at McDonalds


Cake Mudeera!





Krema - a really cool cake store in Irbid


Image may contain: food

Avocado and egg sandwich - hit the spot!

Image may contain: food

How I began my day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment