Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Another Productive Day

Another Productive Day

I am starting to get my second wind on this trip, right on time. I had a very busy day today, yet I am growing more enthused and motivated. This morning, I got to visit with several kindergarten classes and I was reminded me how gifted, talented, and patient those teachers are. The kids were energetic and excited, and I did my best to engage them. I met with the English teachers, as we usually do, and we got a lot accomplished. After school, I left with Lama's father who graciously took me tool shopping. I bought a tape measure (pink) and a level (mostly so I can make "half a bubble off jokes) for Lama who appears to be the schools handywoman. After we left the tool store, we went to their house for coffee, cake, and good conversation. Eventually, Lama and Lana showed up (collectively Lamana) and we met Alaa at a Yemeni restaurant for dinner. This was a new experience for Lamana, but they were troopers. We had a good team building dinner then journeyed off to McDonalds for a bit more conversation and treats. I am constantly amazed at the graciousness, generosity, and tolerance of my hosts here. I love this school and its mission, and the people involved are some of the finest folks I have ever met.


Hanging with the KG kids


My feeble attempt at instruction


Arar swagger


"Lamana" dove right in, albeit daintily 


We did our job


A little ice cream and coffee loosens things up


Life is good

No comments:

Post a Comment