Monday, February 11, 2019

Day Two


Day Two

I had a very active day today. First, I visited the kindergarten class and did some work with Bana, one of our special needs children. Getting down on the floor is easy, getting back up, well that is another story. I observed a few classes, taught a small lesson in and English class. and talked to a few of the English teachers about upcoming observations and perhaps an English Club. I got to take pictures with all the children receiving their merit certificates. That was fun. Zaina and Jana brought me two nice notes and a banana. It is amazing how great teachers aren't afraid of observations :)  After school, I went back to the Yemeni restaurant for lunch and then Alaa and I attended a presentation for principals on Mental Math at a conference center. It was good to talk to her outside the school - at school there are a hundred distractions. We began to map out some strategies for the summer.


Working on counting with Bana



Approval :)



Calling them out :)

Things are warming up (but not the weather) and I am finding my groove again. Lots of fluidity here and that can be my element. Looking forward to tomorrow!

*On a funny note - some of the teachers were giggling, afraid to ask me a question. When they finally summoned the courage, they asked me how old I was. Afterwards, Alaa explained that they thought I was "very active for my age" and that I should take it as a compliment

1 comment:

  1. Re age question: they observed you trying to get up from the floor . . . :?)

    ReplyDelete