Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Day Four

Day Four

I didn't get a lot of sleep last night, possibly because I was so stuffed :)  Today was very active - I observed a few classes and I met the new music teacher. When I observe classes, I usually ask the teacher to give me two small lists: The things they do well as a teacher and the things they would like to be better at. Being back in an elementary setting is invigorating if not somewhat chaotic. The first teacher I observed was very experienced and did a very good job in her math class. The second teacher was very new and had an interesting experience teaching English to a group of first graders. She hung in there and made progress - a tough assignment for anyone :)  I keep coming back to the realization that teaching children this age is life changing - for the students and for us. They are so absorbent, energetic, and curious. A lot of caring and a little good teaching goes so far. I keep reflecting back to a billionaire I once worked for who thinks these kids will end up hating him. I fear the hatred he perceives is only his own.

Image may contain: 6 people, people smiling, people sitting and indoor
After I observed the first grade class, I was told that the students loved me (couldn't tell in class) so the teacher sent them down to me in twos for me to give them treats. It was a fun, formal gesture that they enjoyed.
Image may contain: 9 people, people smiling, people sitting and indoor

Still using the MVCC materials for special occasions


Out for schwarma




No comments:

Post a Comment