Monday, July 13, 2015

On My Way Home

I ended up with a pretty healthy fever for the past few nights. I tossed and turned all night Saturday and when I woke up, the bed was soaked. I got some pain relievers and they helped a bit. Sunday I took it easy and went down with Bryce to the rapids on the Congo. Evidently the spot just down river from Kinshasa marks a several hundred mile unnavigable stretch the keeps commerce from reaching the ocean. I got back to the hotel and bumped into Dikembe Mutumbo, a very nice guy. The embassy took me to the airport and I managed to get some decent bulkhead seats. It was quite awhile between water breaks due to the flight, about 21 hours. By about 11pm, I started to get sick again and I put my blanket over my head as my seatmate was concerned about my state. I am sure he thought I had some sort of highly contagious disease. I am in Paris now with seven hours to kill, feeling better. Sindi will meet me at the airport and I think I will head straight to bed. A little worn out....



A few more pictures from the hotel, I could have used a few more days there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment