Thursday, July 16, 2015

Eid

I am feeling much better and excited for Eid. Fasting was a bit more challenging this year, but in equal ways that much more gratifying. Because of my circumstances, my zakat contributions were ten times more than ever, both materially and spiritually. It is clear to me that I have gifts and blessings and that I need to continue to exploit them. There is so much more work I can do and I have the energy to persevere. I will find more projects here in Chicago and I will continue to support the folks in the DRC. Most importantly, I will begin to tie things up here stateside in the next few years to make a permanent shift overseas eventually, where I can do my best work. I am so excited realizing my destiny and understanding now the path that brought me here. There is something approaching a sense of peace in my chest these days (not sure if my drive and need for challenge will ever permit a languishing sense contentment however) undergirded by a strength from God. I am ready for the next stage of my life, and for the first time, to determine it with purpose. I am blessed. Eid mubarek :)

3 comments:

  1. EID MUBARAK to you and your family!
    Glad you're feeling better.

    Salam,
    Manal K :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eid Mubarak. I'm so happy for you. X

    ReplyDelete