Friday, July 3, 2015

Mud

It has been raining quite a bit lately, and it rained all day today. The terrible road became exponentially terrible. Although we only got stuck (really stuck) once, there was a great deal of mucking about to to and fro today. The three hour commute back and forth became five. We slid around everywhere, including off of a very steep slope down into a ditch. Going sideways in a big SUV is not a very good feeling! Yaha did a great job and we found our way safe and sound to the camp. It was raining pretty steadily, so even though we were quite late, people were still drifting into the school. We rehearsed tomorrow's activities and had a lot of laughs again with Simon Says. I still marvel at the pleasantness and patience of these folks. They laugh and cooperate. It is a great environment to work in - I would stay if I could. Only a few pictures today. I was feeling selfish again and hoarding every funny and poignant moment I could, not wanting to taint them with a camera today.


The first of our signs came back from the carpenter today - he did a fantastic job!


Christine is always writing something. She interacts with others, but loves to write.


A bit fuzzy, but a nice picture of two of our stars.

I am beat, as I am sure Yaya is, and I am gonna take a shower. Tomorrow is the big day, our American English Day and I want to be rested. We will need to leave very early as the roads will still be bad, but I have faith in Yaya :)

No comments:

Post a Comment