Saturday, August 11, 2018

Back And Unpacked!

I had a pleasant, if not long, journey home yesterday. Thursday, we finished our workshop with the teachers and awarded them certificates for some very hard work. I returned to my hotel and got a few hours of sleep before I packed and waited for my hosts to come pick me up. My flight was at 6:30am the following morning, so it would end up being a long night for them. We made the long drive into Amman and they took me to dinner for some great schwarama in Abdoun. They could have then taken me to the airport, but instead treated me to tea at a cafe. Being the perfect hosts they are, they made sure they stayed with me until I would be able to check in at the airport counter (almost 3:30am). They helped me get all my bags into the airport and we took a few last pictures :( 
They had a long ride back to Irbid, and I bet they didn't get home until almost 6am. I had a very uneventful trip back to Chicago. I was grateful to have a shower in the lounge in Istanbul and some good coffee. On the long flight back home, my seat mate was a very nice young man from Germany. He had a good sense of humor and the flight was very nice. I got a good deal of sleep and Kipp picked me up punctually when I arrived. I got a good night sleep last night, and woke up and unpacked this morning. I was looking forward to having lighter bags on the way back, but no dice. I had bought some gifts for friends at work, and then, of course, my Irbid friends loaded me up with more presents. I think my bags were heavier coming back :)
I will do another post tomorrow with a bit of introspection on the trip. It was an incredible adventure!


Sameh, Moatisim, and Alaa - hanging out in Abdoun



No comments:

Post a Comment