Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Day Four - Cooking With Gas

We really made some headway today in the workshop! We discussed the complex nature of creating our own classroom cultures and they understood and appreciated the concept. Heba is a superstar and she really makes a difference in the workshop. Today, she started adding her own perspective on things. The teachers are getting closer to finalizing their activities for next week's English Camp and we are all excited. I am visiting the special needs center tomorrow, and we are testing our SKYPE call for a possible call to B260 on Monday morning. After work, I was taken to dinner at Alaa's inlaws, then over to her parent's house for dessert. It turns out her father was an English teacher in Yemen at the same time I was!  We had a lot to chat about and I commissioned her younger sister to make cakes, cupcakes, and donuts for our celebration day. I am back in the apartment and I am beat :)


Getting them warmed up


The next door mosque


We are on the edge of town, lots of new construction in the area





Playing Heads or Tails (I told them the story about how Carmela almost won $500 with my suggestions until she missed the final signal on the final round)


And then there were two


Back to work



Last night's dessert - Kunafa


Mudeer Saghera and her little sister


The cover of our handouts


Pontificating after mahglooba


The mighty Amoura sisters


Alaa's father, my comrade in Yemen




Entertaining the kids with ancient parlor tricks


Still got skills (there was a ceiling fan involved too!)


Shorouq doing an activity today


Wurood and her box full of fun




No comments:

Post a Comment