Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A New Day

Ramadan is around the corner, and I have noted that my past several posts have been less than positive. True, I am struggling with some exceptional loads right now, and I have found a dangerous rut lately. The pain I am feeling, physical and mental is overwhelming at times. Despite all this, I do have points of refuge - several wonderful friends, and my faith. My good friends distract me for a bit, and prayer clears my mind for a time. And although I quickly drift back to the blackness, I am drawn out more easily,and I have found I need to leave a few things there. As Faulkner noted, we cling to those things that rob us.
So I am letting go, and moving forward. I will refocus my energies on those who have supported me, and returning to the disciplines demanded by my God. I know it will be difficult, but in many ways, I have no choice left. I will not be a casualty of my own poor choices, my misguided sense of love and friendship. I need to go out and buy some buttermilk and dates................:)

3 comments:

  1. aughh! buttermilk is so gross! xDD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hear hear to the buttermilk & dates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, just a note - the reference to misguided sense of love and friendship refers to my own failings.......reread it and it didn't sound like I wanted it to.

    ReplyDelete