Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Ramadan 1433 - Tahani 1 & 2



This is a tale of two Tahani's. Two very quiet and thoughtful women from the academy who I respect a great deal. I like quiet, dignified people (probably because I am not), and these two women are that. I think they are quiet in different ways though. Tahani 1 is older and more lighthearted, while Tahani 2 is  younger and more serious. They both smile quietly too, which I find very charming.
Tahani 1 is a wife and mother, and it amazes me that she has time to take care of her family, teach, and participate in this academy (like many other amazing mothers in the group). She always wears a patient and kind smile, and is very bright. She did her research on culture in language training and it was very insightful. I didn't get to know her very well during the academy, but I am quite sure she is an active, loving teacher. I can imagine her in front of her classes, gently guiding her students into this crazy language of ours.
Tahani 2 is younger and shorter, but very serious and determined. I got to know her a year before the academy as she participated in a workshop I gave in Irbid. She was very diligent, and was a good sport when I called her to the board to spell the word diarrhea (an example of the technique of invented spelling). I was very thrilled when I learned she was attending the academy as I had learned how passionate she was intellectually, and I looked forward to having her drive and motivation in the group. She did an excellent thesis for her Master's degree in Translation, and I was honored to be able to read it before she finished it. She is an amazing young woman that I am proud to know.
These two Tahani's are wonderful examples of teachers who have the ability to teach a group of students for a year - kind, patient, and intelligent, they have all the right tools. I am so glad I got to know them both.
 

6 comments:

  1. I got to know Tahani 1 more after we left the Academy, we been in contact every now and then, and I really love the prayers she always make to me :) Thank you Tahani, you are really an amazing mother and Teacher :)

    Tahani 2, I always feel like we have many things in common, not that we are both (not tall) but Tahani 2 is really close to me in a way that makes me feel happy every time we meet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really appreciate these so kind words
    Micheal.. u always inspire and encourage me in a very exciting way, but i didn't expect to receive such nice words .....
    and about my thesis, u r the one who deserves to be thanked... u worked hard to help me in a time i really needed that valuable help

    thank u very much....

    U R A GREAT PERSON AND A GREAT TEACHER

    Tahani Sadi (Tahani 2)

    ReplyDelete
  3. and about Tahani 1
    i've never met a kind, patient, shy person like her
    i'm really proud to know this great woman

    Tahani S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and u Alaa

    i'm so proud to know u, it not a long time but i think it is more than enough to discover how kind and great u r

    this is really what i feel
    when i see u i feel that we have a lot of things in common even in our circumstances like ep and studying at Yarmouk University to get our MA

    and i pray to Allah for u to get ur thesis to be perfect because u deserve the best

    Tahani S. 2

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Dr.Micheal on this wonderful words . I am very happy about what you have said about me though I was expecting that you didn't know me well yet which shows that you are so clever and quick-witted man . I'm so Lucky to work with you in this great academy . I did not see in my life such an active and hard-working person like you.I will never forget your sympathy words you have said them to me on my daughter's travel day . Really you are a very kind man Micheal. Tahani Jamal (Tahani 1)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My beloved friends Alaa and Tahani S , you are of my best friends that I've ever known during my life and also you have pretty qualities in common such as quietness , politeness and intelligence . Thank you for your kind words on me . hope to see you soon . Tahani Jamal (Tahani 1)

    ReplyDelete