Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Inas and Mervat

Yet another dynamic duo, Mervat and Inas are great friends and have been great additions to the academy. Like the other pairs in previous posts, they are quite different women - perhaps that is the magic in their relationship. They get along like sisters, and are a wonderful support for each other. One is stoic and one is not, but both are fantastic teachers and friends.
Mervat is the taller of the two, and the philosopher. She doesn't talk a lot, preferring instead to sit back and listen.  I suspect she is a very deep thinker. When she does have something to say, it is honest and positive. She is always very thoughtful of others, perhaps even to her own detriment I suppose. Most likely, Mervat was a mother before she was a mother. She is very quiet but caring, a great foil for Inas.
Inas is the shorter of the two, the doer I think. She has a disproportionate amount of energy for her slight frame, and she bubbles with enthusiasm. She was a late entrant into the Academy, and I am very glad she made it. I heard she went to Wadi Rum lately, and I guess that would be appropriate as there are a lot of whirlwinds there anyway - she must have felt at home :)  Seriously, I really respect her energy and positive outlook - her enthusiasm is infectious!
Two very different women who exhibit their passion and hearts in very unique ways. They are a lot of fun to watch together, each feeding off the other's style. I think I would love to be a fly on the wall if they ever got to team teach a class together, it would be a great deal of fun.
Sisters Mervat and Inas

3 comments:

  1. Anoos and Mervo, my two friend..as u said the r so different and so alike. if u want to tease Inas, just mention chocolate and sit back and enjoy her comments, she is one of the rare people that can make me laugh. And Mervat, my dear friend, I'm so honored of her company as we met a few times, I love you sweetie, and we will meet after Ramadan, book a day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anoos is a person of much charm and distinction . I love her smile she is my spirit twin .
    How proud we must be of you professor .Thank you , we so appreciate your words .

    The philosopher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice company in a perfect academy,,.
    The team spirit is the special thing that makes it a wonderful family,

    Best of luck for you all.

    ReplyDelete