Friday, March 12, 2010

Apology to my Daughters

I don't know why I don't show you how much I love you. I don't know why I didn't hug you more when you were younger, why I don't hug you more now. I am very proud of you both, and I love you very much. I don't know why I haven't done everything I could to make you feel loved. I am sorry.
I quit drinking before you were old enough to see and understand the ugliness that follows. I did that for you. I worked hard to provide for you, and to make a stable household for you. I have been very proud of everything you have accomplished and the young women you have become. I have never been ashamed of either of you, and I love you both equally.
Honestly, I am still amazed that you love me, for it hasn't been easily. I am sure that it appears to you that I am often friendlier to others than to you. I left you here with your mother to work in other places, and I regret that now. It wasn't my intention the first time I left, but things didn't work out, and you couldn't follow me. I am sorry for the time I missed in your life.
I don't know how long I will be here before I will have to take another job, but I want you to know that I am working on things, that I love you, and that I want to work on our relationship. I really do. I need to ask you to forgive me, and to help me. It will not be easy, but I think I am ready to make the changes I need to make. Your love is the most precious thing I have. I don't want to lose it. I would love more than anything to make you feel the love that you show me. I will try.

2 comments:

  1. I never thought you felt otherwise. I always thought that if you love something enough, you should let it go, and if it loves you back, it will return, and you did. Even though you missed some parts, you were here for the important ones, and that makes everything alright.
    I've always known that you loved me, by the little things you do. I'm always super-excited for the weekend, because that means I can sleep out in the living room, and we can watch movies or make egg salad sandwiches XDD
    I like when we go places, cause I always have fun, and I like hanging out with you :D
    I liked that you always invited me to come over to your apartment (like in Oregon)
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete