Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Welcome


I am 50 years old, ready (according to Plato) to be a Philosopher King. Not sure I can handle the pressure. My formal education has long since been completed, and I have cast myself out into the world, all over it in fact, in search of meaningful experiences that were to forge my personality into that of a leader. In many ways I have been successful, and in many ways I have failed. Frankly, I wonder if leadership itself is a dying concept. I am not sure if I fail because of my own shortcomings, or if there are situations that face me that are simply untenable. In any event, it is time to document what I have learned and to ask for some feedback. I am sure this will be a humbling process, and I believe I am ready for it.

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea Michael. If there was ever a Philosopher King in this day and age, it would most certainly be you.

    Asha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks for sharing your story. You were one of my professors at UofA. You were the only person on the planet that could get me to understand algebra. If it wasn't for you I would of struggled terribly earning my degree. You are an outstanding educator. SMILE - You made a big difference in my life! Thank you. Keep blogging. Enjoy your travels :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lisa, though I still say you don't give yourself enough credit! I think you were just ready for Algebra when we crossed paths. Glad you are doing so well.

    ReplyDelete