Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Day 5

We are finding our groove, and the students are getting used to us. It was a hot, busy day. We had a lot of fun at school. Jeff and I did several lessons - we do a bit of English then make them run a lot. Carmela and friends made jewelry with kids. After school, we went to a seafood restaurant then back to the hotel for some rest. Tonight, we went to the other Yemeni restaurant, where I met up with the Tihama crew (folks from the same region in Yemen where I lived). We topped the evening off with sundaes at McDonalds.


Carmela, Rawan (2), and Alaa (2) getting the beads ready


Jeff had a hankering for fish



We went to the other Yemeni place and had mendi and other yummy stuff :)


The waiter remembered me from my last visit. He called me into the kitchen because most of the staff were from the same little region that I lived in while serving in the Peace Corps :)


Battling with Rawan (1), Arar's resident polemicist


As many of you know, Facebook was acting up today, so I will catch up on pictures tomorrow, inshalah

No comments:

Post a Comment