Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Dragging a Bit

Today was a good day, but I think we were all dragging - at least those of us not journeying off to one of the new wonders of the ancient world.............
Carmela and Jeff are off to Petra, Wadi Rum, and Aqabah for a whirlwind trip. After yesterday's emotional goodbyes for them and our wonderful, late dinner, I think the staff and I were a bit worn out. It was still a great day though. The kids were treated to an elaborate breakfast, I worked on basketball with the older kids, and Dr. Rifai from Yarmouk University stopped by for a nice visit. He is the father of one of our former student assistants, Zain, who is now off to be a dentist at UIC. As I am roommateless tonight, I think I am going back for some Yemeni foule :) After a nap mumkin



He put a move on me




Not in my house


Lilas going for the dunk. Captain Duaa and Anwar are great coaches





Yum




*Postscript
I meandered down to the Yemeni restaurant and had a wonderful meal. While there, I bumped into Zain, a young man who works in a shop we frequent :)





No comments:

Post a Comment