Saturday, June 18, 2016

A Typical Saturday

Today has been a very typical Saturday for me. I woke up early to drink some water (3:00ish) then dozed off and on while listening to crime shows on Youtube. I got up around 7 and read for a few hours. I went to conversation group at 10 and we had a great time. Tommy Hensel, our director of our Fine and Performing Arts Center, came and participated. He is working on his certificate in EFL (English as a Foreign Language). The students really appreciated his presence and asked him all kinds of questions. We did several activities over the four hours, including a mini-lecture on golf, given that this is the greatest weekend of the year! No, not for Father's Day, but for the US Open. I didn't bore them too long, but they are excited about the idea of me bringing my clubs in (plastic balls of course) in a few weeks from now to let them whack about a bit. I always smile when I see how competitive many of the women are, particularly the Arab women. They really like to compete and have fun.
After we finished class, I went over to a friends house to help move some bedroom furniture. She was donating to another friend and I helped load it all up and we took it over to its new home. The stuff was heavy and it was hot and humid. I was glad there wasn't too much of it or that we didn't have to tote it too far. When we got it all situated, I went back to the house to do a little prep work on a ceiling I have been patching in order to paint it tomorrow. The patching didn't take long and I was home by 4:30, in time to catch nearly three hours of US Open coverage under my air conditioner. It feels good to be lazy after doing a little bit of work :)
I will break fast in about an hour or so, then maybe catch up on some Netflix shows I like. I enjoy not having any plans for a few hours. Tomorrow I will go work for three or four hours on the ceiling and some touch up, come home and watch some golf, then go over to Kipp's house for Iftar with some other friends. I enjoy my weekends as I get a little bit done and then I just goof off. I don't think I would like to laze around for two days with nothing to do. Life is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment