Thursday, August 20, 2015

Scholastique


Scholastique
 
Scholastique is a very busy woman. She teachers in the primary school, helps out with the primary English program, and has taken charge of the Girls Empowerment Club. She is a very quiet and motivated teacher who will do anything for anyone. When I asked her how she got her name (my favorite by the way) she told me that her father thought she was intelligent and it would be a good name for her. I agree!
 
Scholastique is very circumspect and cautious before committing herself to projects. But once she does, she does so wholeheartedly. Her English isn't quite at the same level as the other leaders, but she works just as hard and is very involved in all levels. She has come a long way in her life, and I suspect she will go a great deal further. Married with two children at an early age, she got her education and became a teacher and a principal in the Central African Republic. Quite an achievement for a woman in that environment.
 
I like to tease Scholastique because she is so earnest. Inevitably though, she takes it in stride and smiles knowingly. Scholastique describes herself as gentle and kind, and I think she is right on the mark. I couldn't think of a better role model for the Girls Empowerment Club. I smile each time I think about the activities they are involved in and wait anxiously for the pictures. Scholastique is like a second mother to those girls, and they are in great hands.


No comments:

Post a Comment