Thursday, November 8, 2018

For A Friend That Stops By Now and Again

*Looking at some old posts and drafts and came across this one from several years ago...

It is nice to know you stop by here once in a while. There was a time when I wrote everything here for you. Now, I smile thinking it is an occasional connection that keeps you from drifting away forever. It is one last place we might share new things together, albeit it tenuously and in an avenue of asynchronous sentiment. I am not sure I am ready to relegate you completely to the distant past, only to fade mutely with the remnants of my stubborn pain. I don't think anyone who has had a ghost really wants to give it up. I know there is no path forward other than these poorly constructed intersections and second hand gestures, but it is enough. There are promises and parameters that bind me now, and those limits frustrate and comfort me. There are things I dare not lay down, not knowing how to navigate the loss of their ballast. So no, not everything I write now is designed to draw you in, but if you do stop by, smile and know that there are still ghosts we can feel.  

No comments:

Post a Comment