Saturday, July 28, 2018

I Am Here!

After a few flights, I have arrived in Amman. The business class flights on Turkish Airlines were out of this world! I will do a proper post soon. When I was in Istanbul, I ran into one of my old students from Jordan, Ahmed. He was heading back to Amman for a short vacation from his job in Qatar. That was a nice coincidence, as he was part of the first Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Seminar I did here six years ago.
The flight from Istanbul was short and comfortable. Immigration procedures have improved greatly here and I got to my baggage relatively quickly. Upon leaving the secure area, I was met with a very nice reception committee:


This wasn't the reception committee, but he was a bit skeptical I think


Here is my welcome - As always led by Alaa (Mudeera Saghera) with her uncle Moatisam, his daughter Jocelyn, and Alaa's brother Mohammed

Being Arabs, they had to treat me to dinner even though it was the middle of the night. So of course, we stopped in Abdoun (hipster area) and had a wonderful mixed grille. We got up to Irbid around 3am and I managed to get a few hours sleep before we headed to school to prep for the next day's activities.





I was amazed at the progress of the new school construction. Everything looks great! Tomorrow, we hit the ground running and I will share some more pics of the school and staff :)

5 comments:

  1. U inspire me in so many ways! I hope U enjoy ur time there and help many teachers to be better ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Reham :) I am having a great time !

      Delete
  2. Mr. Michael Morsches is a great friend, teacher and an inspiring man��.
    I really enjoyed working with him for a few months course named THE SCHOLARSHIP OF TEACHING AND LEARNING, with more than 20 great colleagues including Ms. Alla (mudera saghera☺) six years ago.
    His advice, tips and instructions about teaching have really affected my teaching journey and I have the honor to continue my friendship with him till now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the honor to meet Mr. Michael Morsches on Friday in Istanbul.
    He is a great friend, teacher and an inspiring person.
    I was one of a great team of more than 25 teachers including Miss. Alaa (mudeera saghera😉).
    We worked together in a more than 5 months workshop called THE SCHOLARSHIP OF TEACHING AND LEARNING. He helped us to explore our philosophy in teaching.
    At the end of the workshop we got certificates from NEW RIVER COMMUNITY COLLEGE. We also got a small shovel from the same college.
    It was really a marvelous and a great experience. We learned, laughed and took hundreds of pictures.
    Michael is a beloved man and I really congratulate Mis. Alaa and her staff members for this new and great experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Ahmad, it was wonderful to see you! It did bring back a lot of memories of working with you and the other fantastic students in Amman :)

    ReplyDelete