Monday, July 30, 2018

Day Two

We had a very productive day today. The teachers are working hard and struggling with their tolerance for ambiguity, because there is a lot of ambiguity going around :)  As we say, many moving parts. I think they are slowly getting the idea of the English Camp next week and their roles in the activities. It is a bit messy now, but they are showing good faith. I am just about over my jet lag, and I had one of those dreams you have during a 5pm "nap" today. Somehow, I was involved in a bank robbery and it was apparent the police were closing in. This dream went on for quite some time. I woke up happy to be in a strange bed halfway across the world!
My digs here are very nice! I have a suite with four rooms and a great air conditioner, even though the weather hasn't been very bad at all.


My work space - The internet signal is very good here


Nice to have a small kitchen


The bathroom is fancier than I expected, and I am still trying to figure out all those knobs on the shower command center


I have a balcony overlooking University Circle here and there is no lack of activity outside

Today started the group work phase of the workshop and it went well:




The groups have named themselves the Challengers, Hope, Peace, Stars, and Sunshine :)

They are beginning to reach out to their mentors and I am looking forward to hearing about the interaction. 

*A few more pics:







No comments:

Post a Comment